Welcome to our plot!

I'm Hazel, and in Nov 2006 my friend Jane and I took on a half plot at Hill Allotments, Sutton Coldfield - we want the satisfaction of growing and eating our own fruit and veg, and to improve our diet (and fitness!).

This is the story of what happened next...........

Tuesday, April 06, 2010

New Toy!

For my last birthday, mum kindly gave me a big wine rack so that I can store my wine more safely & in a more orderly fashion in the garage.

The bottles have previously been stood on any spare bits of shelving in the dim recesses & this along with a tendency for the labels to fade with time means that choosing a bottle to enjoy a glass or two of on a Friday evening has always had a slightly random factor.

But as of today, the wine rack is safely affixed onto its own dedicated shelf, & I have spent a very enjoyable hour shuffling bottles about deciding on the most logical 'filing system', & I only stopped when it got too dark to play with it anymore.

As a bonus to the evening, I've discovered two bottles of last year's parsnip wine & a couple of the second batch of rhubarb wine - all of which I am looking forward to tremendously!

3 comments:

  1. That's not a toy, it is an essential item of equipment! Hope the well-aged parsnip lives up to your expectations (hic)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also used to put a coloured sticky dot with an initial (P for parsnip, then a different colour with a P if you make peach) on the cork foil. This meant I could see what wine it was without even pulling it our of the rack. Idle or what?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that we'll open one of the rhubarb wine bottles up over the weekend - it's big sister Helen's spring visit. Looking forward to both events!

    What a Bloody Good Idea, Flum!! Have bought sticky dots & will do exactly as you suggest at the weekend. Brilliant - thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...