Welcome to our plot!

I'm Hazel, and in Nov 2006 my friend Jane and I took on a half plot at Hill Allotments, Sutton Coldfield - we want the satisfaction of growing and eating our own fruit and veg, and to improve our diet (and fitness!).

This is the story of what happened next...........

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Blackcurrant Wine - The Outcome

Remember the blackcurrant wine that I started back in November 2010 and did a step-by-step guide? Well it has been in the bottles since February, and I've started the first bottle.

Gosh.

It really is rather good.

A very passable, fruity, full bodied red.

In the cold light of morning I am going to go and squirrel one or two bottles away for further maturing and very special occasions.

Mm-mmmm.

3 comments:

  1. well done you for leaving it the recommended 9 months. My DH dabbled with hedgerow wine for the first time this year and has been working through a bottle of rhubarb after only being racked a couple of months ('just so I know if it's any good' says he. Which it is apparently, although rather sweet so he adds a little water). Yours is a terrific colour :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Iron-Willed Woman here has squirrelled the rest of the blackcurrant wine away to the top of the wine rack for another few months, Nic! Suggest that G under rather than over-sugars the next batch of wine - as he has found out, the only thing you can do with sweet wine is to water it down (or make another batch of something very dry indeed, and blend it).

    Oh it really is fab, Matron - if I have a glass for Christmas will it count for your Christmas veg show??

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...