Welcome to our plot!

I'm Hazel, and in Nov 2006 my friend Jane and I took on a half plot at Hill Allotments, Sutton Coldfield - we want the satisfaction of growing and eating our own fruit and veg, and to improve our diet (and fitness!).

This is the story of what happened next...........

Sunday, June 17, 2018

Continuing Bed Repair

I've re-staked, dug over and planted up six of the main beds - this latest one now planted out with leeks - and I have just two to go before the plot is in reasonable order. 

I say that, but then the side beds (rasps, currants, asparagus and nursery beds) will need the same treatment, then the front of the plot; and finally, the paths need re-laying with weed suppressant, and covering with wood chippings.

So just as well that I've had reward this year already from plenty of rhubarb; and tonight, the first of the raspberries.  No pics of the rasps as they were carried home via my mouth.

Note to self: put containers for rasps in car - there is a limit to the amount of soft fruit that one can gorge on the spot.

2 comments:

  1. You really have made great inroads towards this years harvest. It looks very organised and productive. We have no water on site, only what we can collect from the shed roof. I don't think we will get bumper crops unless we get some rain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Have had to put in some graft this year to make up for letting things slide a bit! It was so wet earlier in the Spring, I hope that there is some residual dampness in the soil! We are watering can only from the tap - so are fairly discerning about what gets a boost!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...