Welcome to our plot!

I'm Hazel, and in Nov 2006 my friend Jane and I took on a half plot at Hill Allotments, Sutton Coldfield - we want the satisfaction of growing and eating our own fruit and veg, and to improve our diet (and fitness!).

This is the story of what happened next...........

Thursday, November 23, 2006

I thought you said GARDEN centre......

Just to keep the enthusiasm up, I went over to Foster’s garden centre this evening – late night opening – where I thought I might buy some garlic bulbs, look at the fruit plant selection and maybe buy some lime (although I thought that I may have some in the garage, so decided not to, in the end)

Not a resounding success – gardening having been seriously demoted in favour of Christmas – no garlic bulbs, plant section closed as it is outside and it is dark, decided against the lime, and they didn’t have any dustbins one of which is on the hit list.

Popped into Homebase – cheapest dustbin £8.99, and no garlic either. Will look at gardening magazine and do mail order and sod the lot of them.

Did have a brainwave on the way home – I have a big rubble bucket in the shed (perfect for weed collection), but didn’t have any lime in there when I checked.

I want to mark the beds too – and thought of using sand, but am not sure, so I’ll think further on this.

Also in the garage I have any number of gardening gloves, a fork, two spades, a hoe and a rake – more that enough to be getting on with.

Roll on the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...