Welcome to our plot!

I'm Hazel, and in Nov 2006 my friend Jane and I took on a half plot at Hill Allotments, Sutton Coldfield - we want the satisfaction of growing and eating our own fruit and veg, and to improve our diet (and fitness!).

This is the story of what happened next...........

Thursday, May 10, 2007

A Taste of Things to Come!

We've had some actual RAIN over the last two days - hurrah! You can almost hear the earth making big sponge-like sucky noises! After emptying a good inch of water out of all seedlings' containers, I went to the Hill to see what the plot thought about having a good soaking.

As you might expect, everything was looking very happy indeed - I thinned out the SPINACH (hector f1), & realised that the thinnings would make a portion of veg for tea - a rather miserly portion after cooking, I later realised (but lovely nonetheless), & after picking a few radish too, I went for 10/10 on the impatience scale & had a furtle around under the POTATOES (rocket) to see what I could find!

I was rewarded with 5 potatoes of a reasonable size - a bit smaller than golf balls but they came home and went straight in the pan with a sprig of mint. Delicious! If this is what we have to look forward to, I'm all for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...