Welcome to our plot!

I'm Hazel, and in Nov 2006 my friend Jane and I took on a half plot at Hill Allotments, Sutton Coldfield - we want the satisfaction of growing and eating our own fruit and veg, and to improve our diet (and fitness!).

This is the story of what happened next...........

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Fame at last...?!

Isn’t it a funny old world?

Out of all the wines that I’ve made over the past year, there has only been one which has been frankly, pretty awful – & that is the celery wine. It’s just about ok to cook with, but only really drinkable with a quick dash of lemonade – yet it is this wine that has caught the eye of a researcher for the television programme Market Kitchen which is shown on UKTV and whose homepage is to be found here: http://uktv.co.uk/food/homepage/sid/6136

The researcher asked if I might possibly have a spare bottle to send them for inclusion in their feature on celery, which I have been delighted to parcel up & send to them – though I did warn her roundly that it really isn’t too palatable. Apparently this is no problem, & she said that the presenters will open the bottle & sample it as part of the feature – hahaha! I told her that I wouldn’t be in the least offended if they turned their noses up!

So the programme is being recorded tomorrow, & broadcast at 7pm on 5th February. I don’t have satellite so will be watching on next door’s television – should I take a bottle round with me to share whilst we watch, do you think…?

4 comments:

  1. I'll miss it - it's my choir night - but I'm sure there'll be a report - here or elsewhere!

    ReplyDelete
  2. According to the web site it's repeated at 10pm then next day at 8am, 12.30pm and 4pm.

    No excuses there! Mind you, I still think that I'll blink and miss it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are we looking at the next Jilly Goulden in the making? Can we have your autograph to auction on Ebay? Well done Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm - I don't think so!

    However, I have now bottled the raspberry & blackberry wine - a bottle of which has your names on, as you supplied the main ingredient - so you will be able to judge for yourselves!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...