Welcome to our plot!

I'm Hazel, and in Nov 2006 my friend Jane and I took on a half plot at Hill Allotments, Sutton Coldfield - we want the satisfaction of growing and eating our own fruit and veg, and to improve our diet (and fitness!).

This is the story of what happened next...........

Saturday, June 23, 2018

Shaping up

Today's hour or so at the plot was a bit aimless in that I didn't fancy the slog of bed restaking; which leaves me with weeding as an activity - along with watering as it has been so dry.

However, I did bring down some 'catch up' climbing French beans to plant out, some runner bean seeds to bodge in by the stakes with the existing plants, so I did that too.

I also remembered some punnets for raspberries and picked a heap of those to bring home, for once.

I also forked and re-weeded half of the area in front of the bench where the Bramble Intent On World Domination was - although a better use of my time would be to put down weed suppressant (which I have to hand) at least until I decide what I will do with that area.  It's on the list to do after this second fork-over.


Then, because it's good to stand back every now and again and look at what you've Mother Nature has achieved at the plot, I noted that the main crop potatoes are going mad; there will be French beans very soon, and the parsnip flowers are magnificent.

2 comments:

  1. Those potatoes are looking really happy. Presumably once the parsnip flowers have finished, there are no actual parsnips under there?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll let you know! I suspect that they will be all 'core' which will be woody. Don't know if they will be good for wine making though...

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...