Welcome to our plot!

I'm Hazel, and in Nov 2006 my friend Jane and I took on a half plot at Hill Allotments, Sutton Coldfield - we want the satisfaction of growing and eating our own fruit and veg, and to improve our diet (and fitness!).

This is the story of what happened next...........

Wednesday, May 29, 2024

Potential Disaster!

The most convenient place in the (rather weedy!) courtyard garden for me to put seed trays is on the low wall between the yard and the hardstanding.  If the trays are on the ground they will be tripped over; on the bench, there is no where to sit.  The wall is just fine.

Except it is not safe, it appears from my clumsy nitwit cats. 

Whether it was a chase gone wrong, a mis-step whilst jumping up to the adjacent fence, or collateral damage whilst after something 'fluttery' I will never know, but two of my four trays of just-sprouted seeds took a dive. 

Both trays of beans all scooped up and righted, a few days later there seems to be remarkably little set back - although if I've mixed the dwarf beans and climbers up (identical at the mo), I won't know about it until a week or two after planting out when I may find have some sulky climbers and sprawling dwarfs.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...