Welcome to our plot!

I'm Hazel, and in Nov 2006 my friend Jane and I took on a half plot at Hill Allotments, Sutton Coldfield - we want the satisfaction of growing and eating our own fruit and veg, and to improve our diet (and fitness!).

This is the story of what happened next...........

Monday, September 10, 2018

Glut!

Well, I've done really well this summer keeping on top of allotment produce by picking everything really small, giving stuff to everyone I know, freezing the runner beans, and - let's face it - eating an awful lot of french beans and courgettes.

But I am now just a bit overwhelmed!  This haul is from today's visit to the Hill, and one picking session last week, and doesn't include the three baby courgette I had for tea tonight.

In other news, I am gradually working my way down the side beds - re-staking and digging them over.  Three of these down, two tricky ones to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...