Welcome to our plot!

I'm Hazel, and in Nov 2006 my friend Jane and I took on a half plot at Hill Allotments, Sutton Coldfield - we want the satisfaction of growing and eating our own fruit and veg, and to improve our diet (and fitness!).

This is the story of what happened next...........

Sunday, March 03, 2024

Well, well....

Out the blue a few weeks ago I had an email asking if I still blogged as the writer found it a good read - especially as I wasn't afraid to chronical the good as well as the - er - not so good. 

Gosh - does Blogger still exist?  I logged on to find that none of the blogs I followed when I made my last entry five years ago are current - maybe everyone moved to Facebook, Instagram and latterly TikTok.  Or maybe they just lost interest, rather as I did.

I guess that I felt that as the seasons roll round I was bored of saying much the same thing, and didn't have much really new to add, but I still have my plot at the Hill - and despite the wettest start to the year in living memory, Spring is in the air.....

.....so long as I can get back into the habit of putting a few words down each time, I might as well.  

2 comments:

  1. oh, ~welcome back~ 🥳. What a lovely start to my week to have your blog pop up again in Feedly.

    I have often wondered if you were OK and do hope you are able to start blogging again - you used to be such a huge inspiration to me with veggie growing. Grow-your-own has rather fallen by the wayside here over the past few years but seeds were purchased recently . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the welcome back, Jayne. We shall see whether the blogger habit sticks again - it might prove to be a bit of nuisance using another platform to FB where I post about other hobbies (and I can target the 'audience' as I see fit - my running friends, my litter picking circle, or even just publishing to my sister!).
    Blogger continues to be annoying when it comes to inserting images, but I have to say that the text tools are far superior.
    Nice to see your new blog - I've wondered how Bag End is getting on.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...