Welcome to our plot!

I'm Hazel, and in Nov 2006 my friend Jane and I took on a half plot at Hill Allotments, Sutton Coldfield - we want the satisfaction of growing and eating our own fruit and veg, and to improve our diet (and fitness!).

This is the story of what happened next...........

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Potato Day Prep

It’s the Potato Day at Ryton on Sunday, & this year they have very helpfully published the list of varieties that will be for sale along with their properties, so I’ve printed this off to have a browse through & to select my two varieties of earlies, second earlies & maincrops.

Deciding in advance means that I can by-pass the bun fight & get straight on to picking what I want.

This has two distinct advantages – the first being that it always seems to be about -6 degrees in the marquee, & the second is that as soon as I have the potatoes under my belt, I can whizz off to the other most excellent attraction of the day – the seed swap.

I always have plenty of bean & pea seeds that I have grown that I can pop into envelopes to take along to contribute, & this year I’m taking eight or nine envelopes of five different types of beans, & I reckon that entitles me to my choice of half a dozen packets to bring home.

An excellent arrangement!

3 comments:

  1. Definitely a Good Thing to make your tatty selections in advance.

    As for your box of beautifully packaged seeds - mmm, all that order and organisation definitely appeals to a type A personality!

    Hope you had a good time at Ryton on Sunday, bit far for me to pop in .. :{<

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too far for me too, but the idea is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As if, Bilbo! I just show you the very tiny part of my life that is organised & I am proud to show off! {gg}

    Had to sew my hands in my pockets at the seed swap, Flum - managed to only succumb to one tomato & one pea variety - possibly a world record!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...