Welcome to our plot!

I'm Hazel, and in Nov 2006 my friend Jane and I took on a half plot at Hill Allotments, Sutton Coldfield - we want the satisfaction of growing and eating our own fruit and veg, and to improve our diet (and fitness!).

This is the story of what happened next...........

Thursday, July 26, 2018

A Reward for a Job Well Done

Didn't get to the Hill until later on this evening, but still reckoned I could finish laying the weed suppressant on the final three paths between the main beds, and cover them with chippings.

I did have time to do this, along with some watering, and dug three first early potato plants which have died off - an unsurprisingly low yield, given the weather.

It was still 28ÂșC, even at dusk, and I could hear the sound of the band playing through the open windows of the clubhouse, so Eric - who had been watering his plot at the bottom of the Hill - and I dodged the entrance fee and the well dressed ladies and gents, and sneaked in for a quick beer.   

Still humming Run Around Sue as I left to come home for late tea and indignant and hungry cats. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...