Welcome to our plot!

I'm Hazel, and in Nov 2006 my friend Jane and I took on a half plot at Hill Allotments, Sutton Coldfield - we want the satisfaction of growing and eating our own fruit and veg, and to improve our diet (and fitness!).

This is the story of what happened next...........

Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Another Step Forward

Had to do a bit of emergency watering as soon as I got to the Hill tonight - those brassicas that I planted out two days ago under the new netting frame were flat and limp on the soil. Uh-oh!  I caught them in time, though, as after a good drenching, by the time I left, they had perked up.

So, still no rain - but it does mean that the pile of wood chippings I'm using to cover the weed suppressant I'm laying on the paths is desiccated and light as a feather, and I can easily fill and carry dustbins full. 

Tonight's job was to do another three paths - which one roll of suppressant covers - and I have three more to do, so a trip to Wilko for supplies tomorrow.  It's looking good, I must say.

Picked a few baby courgettes, and a handful of runner beans for tea tonight - delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...