Welcome to our plot!

I'm Hazel, and in Nov 2006 my friend Jane and I took on a half plot at Hill Allotments, Sutton Coldfield - we want the satisfaction of growing and eating our own fruit and veg, and to improve our diet (and fitness!).

This is the story of what happened next...........

Thursday, July 19, 2018

Final Main Bed Refurb

I had a plan tonight - to re-stake bed8 and dig it over; harvest beans/ courgette/ rasps as applicable.  My plan was scuppered a bit as I only had enough stakes at the plot to beef up one side of the bed, and I forgot to take punnets with me for the bounty.

So I made do with what I had, and will finish the the bed at the weekend, and dig over the other half; and will also be able to buy some netting from the shed to cover the blue hoops, and plant out the pot-bound, aphid infested cauli and cabbage which are languishing at home.

Quite a social one tonight - a couple of nearby plotholders where about watering, I saw Alan from the committee who came down for a chat, as well as Margie from the club house walking her lovely dog down the plots.  Especially nice to see Zoe-next-plot - I'm surprised we don't bump into each other more often - we had a catch up as I forked out couch grass, and she ripped out raspberry suckers.  I have her to thank for these pics - my phone battery was flat.

Even more social was popping into the club house for a quick beer afterwards - the ballroom dancers were in tonight, so I was treated to entertainment too. Marvellous.

1 comment:

  1. Hard work in this heat, but it is really worth getting good preparation in the soil. You will reap the benefits in the long run.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...