Welcome to our plot!

I'm Hazel, and in Nov 2006 my friend Jane and I took on a half plot at Hill Allotments, Sutton Coldfield - we want the satisfaction of growing and eating our own fruit and veg, and to improve our diet (and fitness!).

This is the story of what happened next...........

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Nearly Broadies...

I made a quick trip to the Hill tonight to water the tomatoes & the squash & to stare impatiently at the broad beans & peas. We were forecast heavy rain yesterday, which turned out to be half a dozen spots – we will supposedly have more tomorrow, which would be most welcome.

Retired Maureen arrived & confirmed that it was camomile seeds she is after & not the plants, which I shall try & sort out for her. Although her comfrey isn't the non-spreading kind I am after, I have been very kindly offered a couple of root cuttings from Bilbo from her native white flowered comfrey which I will be delighted to have - an unusual & native plant hits all the right buttons here.

Then I picked a handful of delicious strawberries to take home for tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...