Welcome to our plot!

I'm Hazel, and in Nov 2006 my friend Jane and I took on a half plot at Hill Allotments, Sutton Coldfield - we want the satisfaction of growing and eating our own fruit and veg, and to improve our diet (and fitness!).

This is the story of what happened next...........

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Apple Wine Again

I bought a lemon at lunchtime - they were 69p for 4 at Aldi, 35p for one at M&S, & 20p from the veg stall in the market - that's more like it!

Back home I pared off the yellow rind & squeezed the juice of the lemon, then strained the apples, added the lemon rind & juice, dissolved the 2 1/2 lbs of sugar and added yeast & nutrient.

I measured the SG, which at 1.120 is rather high - the wine will either end up being rather sweet, or rather strong!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...