Welcome to our plot!

I'm Hazel, and in Nov 2006 my friend Jane and I took on a half plot at Hill Allotments, Sutton Coldfield - we want the satisfaction of growing and eating our own fruit and veg, and to improve our diet (and fitness!).

This is the story of what happened next...........

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Brassica Bed Brainstorming...

I'm giving the brassica cage some more thought - more specifically, how to have the netting neatly arranged so that it doesn't need weighing down at the edges with the miscellaneous contents of Steptoe's yard, & can be removed & replaced fairly easily for weeding & picking purposes without me having to have a big fight each time.

I think that maybe a screw standing just proud of the top of each of the vertical stakes, & one towards the bottom of each stake facing outwards will provide hook points for the netting, but I'm not sure about the bed ends unless I can fashion 'hospital corners' out of the surplus netting - which sounds rather ambitious.

Whatever I do will be an improvement on what I did last night, anyway.

Netting conundrums apart, tonight I gave the redcurrant wine a good ol' stir & strained it into a couple of demijohns - both of which are chuckling away through the airlocks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...