Welcome to our plot!

I'm Hazel, and in Nov 2006 my friend Jane and I took on a half plot at Hill Allotments, Sutton Coldfield - we want the satisfaction of growing and eating our own fruit and veg, and to improve our diet (and fitness!).

This is the story of what happened next...........

Sunday, August 23, 2009

Short Term Memory Loss...

No visit to the Hill today - as I had other things to get on with instead.

A bit of a shame, actually, as I remembered at about 8pm - just as it was getting too dark to do anything about it - that yesterday I'd had to pick caterpillars off the valiant brussels sprouts plants (which have survived against the odds), & I had thought to go an either find some netting from the garage, or buy a length from the store shed and then cover the bed.

Messing about with netting is just about my least favourite job in the world, but if I want to enjoy brussels sprouts rather than fattening up the caterpillar population, I'd better get on with it.

2 comments:

  1. We have the cabbage whites almost year round here .. only a couple of months (june/july) this year when it was too cold for them ....

    D

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's been a prolific year for them here, apparently - something to do with the weather.

    Our virtually all-the-year-round brassica pest is whitefly - clouds of them!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...