Welcome to our plot!

I'm Hazel, and in Nov 2006 my friend Jane and I took on a half plot at Hill Allotments, Sutton Coldfield - we want the satisfaction of growing and eating our own fruit and veg, and to improve our diet (and fitness!).

This is the story of what happened next...........

Sunday, May 31, 2009

Gardening Delights!

What a lovely surprise I had this evening!

After a couple of days away from the plot – which have been incredibly hot & sunny – I went to water the tomatoes this evening, & found the PEAS (stevens, gladstone & newick) are all flowering.

The gladstone & newick have crisp white flowers – & even a couple of tiny pods on the gladstone – but the stevens have mauve & purple flowers which are just the prettiest things!

Cheery Brian & Pauline walked down after picking their first cos lettuce & a few radish, so I showed the peas off to them, & then they told me that they’d opened the bottle of raspberry & blackberry wine today which I’d given them from the fruit picked last year.

Contrary to my thoughts that the red wine was fruity, but rather sharp, they enthused about the both the taste & clarity, so I was extremely pleased – & to tell the truth, rather flattered.

2 comments:

  1. They certainly are, Bilbo - and with more than a passing nod to the appearance of the Lancashire Lad that Flum has on her blog header.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...