Welcome to our plot!

I'm Hazel, and in Nov 2006 my friend Jane and I took on a half plot at Hill Allotments, Sutton Coldfield - we want the satisfaction of growing and eating our own fruit and veg, and to improve our diet (and fitness!).

This is the story of what happened next...........

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Visitors!

Well, I must say that I am still reeling with smugness over the bean frame, today – which is just as well as there have been blustery showers all day as predicted, so the weather has been far too inclement for a visit to the Hill.

So tonight I got all my seeds out and sowed some more beans in pots – FRENCH CLIMBING BEANS (barlotti jody, birds egg & essex bb).

It’s funny how you meet people – a fellow student at my (totally unrelated to gardening) night class turns out to have an allotment on a site about a mile from the Hill – and tonight Eva asked if she can and visit our plot at the Hill along with her allotment neighbour Sue.

Well, they are more than welcome – and if either of them can solve the gooseberry mildew problem, so much the better…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...