An astonishingly efficient morning at the Hill - although I was beset by a conundrum which almost scuppered my plans.
I'd planned to clear the summer bedding, replant the daffodil & tulip bulbs & to plant out the winter flowering pansies - but looking at the front of the plot, it did seem rather mean to rip out snapdragons and nasturtiums which were still flowering.
As I was dithering about this, secretary Haydn came down, and asked whether I'd consider serving on the committee - I declined on the grounds of a lack of time but suggested that returning allotmenteer Christine might be interested. He also advised whipping out the summer bedding.
Soon after, Rhubarb Brian came past & I asked him the same. "You should do what you want to do"," he rather unhelpfully suggested.
I grasped the nettle (actually, literally), and whipped out all but one magnificent plant which is clearly still in its prime. I have no idea what it is - it did strike me later that it might be a weed, but it's pretty enough to stay for the time being.
I popped all the daffodil & tulip bulbs in along the edge of the final bed (d2) & the winter flowering pansies in front. They do look rather lost at the moment, but I don't want to make the same mistake of cramming too much in, as I did with the summer bedding.
Happy with what I'd done, I picked some runner beans then went home by lunchtime, later making some Sarah Raven's pumpkin soup which is utterly delightful.