Welcome to our plot!

I'm Hazel, and in Nov 2006 my friend Jane and I took on a half plot at Hill Allotments, Sutton Coldfield - we want the satisfaction of growing and eating our own fruit and veg, and to improve our diet (and fitness!).

This is the story of what happened next...........

Friday, September 18, 2009

This is How it Should Be!

I am incredibly smug - it might have taken three years, but I reached the point tonight when even though I had nothing prepared for dinner, I could just take a store cupboard ingredient (in this case spaghetti), add all home-stuff & come out with a delicious meal!

So that was fried up courgette (green & yellow), onion, chocolate pepper (photo), garlic & tomatoes mixed in with the spaghetti & garnished with a good handful of basil - scoffed in about a minute as it was so lovely.

Oh, it was washed down with a glass of grapefruit wine - which is pretty spot-on too.

I do know that my smugness will not last, as all those just happen to be fresh in the fridge at the same time as this is the time of year, but I do feel like I've 'arrived' somehow!

5 comments:

  1. Smug away sweets, justified too I'm sure - well done you and here's to many more like it x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You help yourself to as many smug points as you like, you deserve every single one of them.

    My ambition (a couple or three years off) is poached egg (from bag End hens) with freshly picked asparagus and home-made bread, I suppose it's better than aspiring to the latest zPod or whatever is trendy?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Smug Mode, once attained, rarely switches off. Even if it's the dead of winter and all you can dredge up is a few green and something from the freezer, you know what you have planned for next year. Enjoy it kid! You work hard for it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It must be a case of feeling smug while you can. I know I am feeling the same right now, and know it will pass as soon as winter hits and I can't run out to the garden for fresh goodies.
    So smug it while you can * chuckle*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maybe smugness is a state of mind - or maybe not - the runner beans tonight melted in my mouth - I am SURE that you don't get that with shop bought.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...