Welcome to our plot!

I'm Hazel, and in Nov 2006 my friend Jane and I took on a half plot at Hill Allotments, Sutton Coldfield - we want the satisfaction of growing and eating our own fruit and veg, and to improve our diet (and fitness!).

This is the story of what happened next...........

Friday, September 04, 2009

Rasperries & Rhubarb Wine

Dave-next-door came round earlier & said, "You know, those purple beans you gave us this week - well they were gorgeous! So sweet!"

Which they are actually, & tender even when pretty hefty in size. They aren't my favourite dried bean - flat & brown & a bit boring - but delicious fresh, & I think they'll earn a place on the plot next year.

It's been a pretty good evening, actually - I had a text from Cheery Brian & Pauline earlier saying that as they were off to the wedding tomorrow, & so would I like to help myself to the raspberries?

Well, I don't need asking twice, so I'll be taking a punnet to the Hill tomorrow for filling!

And tonight I've opened a bottle of April's rhubarb wine, & very tasty it is too. I mentioned that I was going to open it to colleague Rita, & she said, "You told me I had to wait until Christmas to open my bottle!"

Ahh, did I? Oops!

1 comment:

  1. Surely you get Maker's Perks? (Like Cooks's Perks - a slurp of the wine that's going in the gravy or risotto!)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...