Welcome to our plot!

I'm Hazel, and in Nov 2006 my friend Jane and I took on a half plot at Hill Allotments, Sutton Coldfield - we want the satisfaction of growing and eating our own fruit and veg, and to improve our diet (and fitness!).

This is the story of what happened next...........

Friday, September 11, 2009

Wine Worries

I really am persevering with this gooseberry & rhubarb wine & it is still tasting -uh - cardboardy, & I still don't know what's gone wrong with it.

I certainly don't want to give cheery Brian & Pauline a bottle & say, "here you go, this might be OK cook with," when I have used 3lb of their lovely gooseberries to make it with.

The compromise is to give them a bottle of redcurrant wine - there's plenty of it, and it's zesty, fruity, smooth - & you don't have to pull a face when you drink it.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds good to me, Hazel, as long as you don't blame our gooseberries, redcurrant will be fine

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hadn't thought about blaming your gooseberries! {grin}

    I hope that it's a bumper year for gooseberries next year, because if you can spare some, I'd love to have another crack at it and leave out the rhubarb...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...